Increase Your Website’s ROI Overnight With Great Call to Actions
The goal of a website is to educate people and prompt them to take an action. When people visit your site, what do you want them to do?
Everyone has unique goals for their sites and the content on it. Determining the perfect Call to Action (CTA) is one of the hardest tasks companies have on their plate. Do you want people to purchase a product, sign up for an email newsletter, request more information, or share content on social media. There are many paths we want people to take on our website and a strong Call to Action is a key part of making it happen.
First of all, it’s important to write great online content and have a design that encourages interaction. Having compelling and powerful Call to Actions will move people through your site to desired goals.
So, how do you create that perfect Call to Action that will be irresistible to click?
- Get to the Point – You know what you want people to do, so ask them to do it! People want to be told what their next logical step should be, so your Call to Action should be direct. Keep it simple. The best Call to Actions tend to be short and to the point. There should be no room for guessing what your Call to Action will do. Get rid of any jargon. Use direct language such as download, purchase, sign up and other similar terms.
- Be Interesting – People read a lot of content online. A good Call to Action will stand out from the rest of your content and encourage people to take an action. The people visiting your website are probably checking out your competitors online. You need to have Call to Actions that tells people that your action is interesting and special.
- Use Action Words – There’s no being passive when coming up with Call to Actions. You want to have Call to Actions that include a direct and instant action. Using action words will tell your visitors what you want them to do.
- Create a Sense of Urgency – Time can be your best friend online. You want people on your website to feel like they are missing a great opportunity if they don’t immediately click on your Call to Actions. Amazon does an amazing job at this. It’s not uncommon to see Call to Actions such as ‘Buy now and receive free shipping’ on Amazon and other successful websites. Simply adding time-related words such as ‘now’ and ‘today’ can dramatically increase the amount of people clicking on your Call to Actions.
- Don’t Make People Think – People want to be directed through your site. They don’t want to spend time trying to figure out how to navigate. A good website has seamless Call Actions built into the content. If you want people to sign up for your newsletter, tell people in your Call to Action.
Having strong Call to Actions is the quickest way to increase the ROI on your website. The best Call to Actions are easily understood at a glance, exciting, inviting and simple. Don’t be afraid to experiment. Review your web analytics on a regular basis and try different Call to Actions and see what your visitors prefer.